1959 Austin Healey Resto Mod
This is the car the Big Healey should have been! Powerful, stiff and nimble, neutral handling, good brakes, comfortable seating.....
Over 2,000 hours were invested in a rotisserie restoration of this 1959 Austin Healey BN6.
No expenses were spared. It had to be "the most beautiful Healey I have ever seen" (Russ Keep, Section Head, Austin Healey Club of America). Keith Deyer, former Chief Engineer GM Proving Grounds: "This car handles better than some modern cars. It is very balanced and docile. The breathtaking power is totally under control".
- 5.7 litre (350 cui) aluminium Chevrolet LS1 engine, built from new block
- Performance pistons and conrods
- Head ported and large valves, stiffer valve springs
- Edelbrook LS1 performance kit: #2116 Camshaft, 750 cfm downdraft carburettor (by Weber), intake manifold, ignition box (by MSD)
- Custom headers/exhaust with equal length header pipes, ceramic coated inside-out
The incredible exhaust system, crossing under engine. Does not sound like an ordinary V8 ...... much more distinguished...
- GM T5 manual 5-speed
- Mustang with limited slip differential (from Multimatic)
- Front - modified stock, fully adjustable
- Rear - coils springs, adjustable
- Discs around (from Mustang)
- Dual circuit
- "Indestructible" 15" Dayton wire wheels
- 215/65-15 tyres
- Rack and pinion (from Porsche)
- All original panels
- Rotisserie restoration
- Chassis substantially stiffened and reinforced
- Period-correct side louvers
- Rear section widened by 0.5" at inside of fender (unnoticeable)
- Detachable, paperclip style roll bar
- Lexan windscreen, lowered and raked
- Ram air intake, maintaining original bonnet
- Canvas tonneau cover
- Parts for factory soft-top are included
- Smiths instruments by Caerbont.
- Electronic tachometer and GPS-driven speedometer. Original style design
- Modified Moto Lita steering wheel, adjustable
- Race car pedal setup
- Original Healey trafficator
- Highly modified Honda seats(adjustable and comfortable!), German leather covered, period-looking
- Automatic 3-point seat belts, removable 6-point driver's harness
- Fully insulated/heat shielded carpeting
- 450+ HP
- Curb weight 2,320 lbs wet
- 49.5/50.5 weight distribution
- Performance: not yet tested
The car is like new, with less than 2,000 miles on the clock.
Location: Toronto / Canada
Price upon request