1963 daimler dart sp250
The SP250 was manufactured by Daimler Motor Company of Coventry England between 1959 – 1964. It made its European debut in 1959 at the Earls Court motor show. It was controversial from the start with its style which polarized opinions and a V8 motor which was unusual at that time in Europe.
In all 2654 SP250s were manufactured during its production run, much less than anticipated. It has a fibreglass body, four wheel disc brakes and a 2.5 litre Hemi head V8. The motor was fed by twin SU carburretors and produced 140 HP. The motor has a throaty burble that has a nice bark when pushed.
Our example has been lovingly restored in a traditional green with tan interior. It is equipped with the optional spoke wheels and is devoid of the optional bumper found on many of the “C” spec cars leaving this example with a cleaner look. The electrics have been converted to a negative ground alternator driven system with Pertronix ignition and an electric fan for more reliable operation.
Location: Toronto / Canada
Price upon request